Friday, April 10, 2020

The Extraodinary in Normal

So, Guy got a perm a couple of months ago.  When he came and asked for one, I just cracked up!  I couldn't believe it at first.  He had to show me pictures of what he wanted his hair to look like in order to convince me.  I realized he was serious and we found a great beautician who could give him one.  It turned out just the way he wanted and it's still looking good.  I just have to give him a trim every so often.  I did that this morning.

I like getting to cut hair and in these unhurried days of quarantine, it's even more enjoyable.  There is no next thing begging me to hurry and Wylie was asleep.  She is such a pleasant person.  She very rarely demands her way.  Of course, she lets us know if something is bothering her with cries and squirms.  Otherwise, she likes being held, she likes looking at her mirror in her chair, she likes sleeping, she likes playing, she likes swinging.  Generally, she likes whatever is happening at any time.  She is settled.  Our days with her at home feel normal like cutting Guy's hair.

As I swept up the clippings, I also thought about a little Trisomy-18 girl who went to heaven just over a week ago.  She was one of those I mentioned following on FaceBook.  She lived with her family for 3 1/2 years.  She got very sick unexpectedly and never came home from the hospital.  Her mother always ended the hospital posts with, "Jesus, do what only You can do."

He did.  He carried this amazing little person He formed to be with Him forever.  He did not forsake a loving mother and father.  He wraps His arms around these hurting friends and comforts them, shields them, and bestows hope and peace beyond comprehension.  Her mother concluded her most recent post with, "Eleven more days closer to seeing you again..."

Who else is like Jesus?  He has done something only He can do for us, too.  He has given us Wylie forever.  We are together on earth and then we will spend the rest of forever in heaven.  And we are just normal...just normal people.

1 comment:

  1. "He has given us Wylie forever."

    Yep, you got it. That's the miracle. Much love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Post

Living and Dying at Once

It's all the things: grieving mothers, The Twilight, Francis Chan gripping the Bible, my friend planted like the Tree of Life beside the...

Top Posts