Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Mighty One

When Emma was about six or seven, she came into the kitchen where I stood my post at the sink with a proclamation I will never forget.  

"Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to have ten kids and they are all going to be small and bossy!"  

I just laughed because I thought, "She's right.  That's exactly what will happen if she says so!"

She is such a powerhouse, our Emma.  Her ideas are brilliant.  Her persistence is unquenchable and her love is fierce!  I've seen these qualities on display numerous times, but Wylie's life has brought about a demonstration unlike any other.  Emma loves her little sister so well and her Momma has been taking note.

On Tuesday, our exceptionally awesome doctor advised us that it's time to plan for Wylie's birth.  She has passed all her NSTs and ultrasounds, but the placenta is not doing the best for her.  That's why Dr. Playforth suggested sooner rather than later.  "How about Monday or Tuesday?" I was a bit shocked!  I will be 37 weeks on Friday, so I was thinking that we might be waiting longer.  I know and trust that she absolutely has Wylie's best interest in mind so we will induce on Tuesday at 8 a.m. if labor doesn't occur naturally before then.

In the meantime, I have prayed to switch modes.  I have enjoyed and grown comfortable with the closeness and the "knowns" of pregnancy with Wylie.  It's time to open the door to the unknowns of Wylie's birth.  Faithful family and friends, you have come right into this with us.  You have held us with such sincere care and love.  Your hopes are being realized!

This is what I know:

Wylie is not weak.  She is the exact opposite.  She bears a resemblance to her elder sister.  She's mighty!

Wylie and I are in this together.  We, connected, go forward in trust--in true love.

We will find no lack on this journey.  Everything we need will be there!

We will meet face to face and I am full of excitement and joy!  

Thank you, Wylie.  You have changed me forever.  I am so grateful for you.  You may be small (est. 4 lbs. 9 oz. at last Friday's ultrasound), but you are powerful!  I can't wait to get my arms around you!

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)




6 comments:

  1. Im packing my bags!!!!! Xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im packing my bags!!!!! Xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and sweet Wylie for this upcoming week. many prayers for your family and support system as well. I will share this tonight for our prayer requests with our small group. God's got you and Wylie in his strong hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This means the world to us:)

      Delete
  4. Praying for you and your family, Karla, and sending so much love. In gratitude for your faithful example in my life and in so many others. Psalm 2: "I will proclaim the decree of the Lord, he said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you."

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Post

Living and Dying at Once

It's all the things: grieving mothers, The Twilight, Francis Chan gripping the Bible, my friend planted like the Tree of Life beside the...

Top Posts