Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Loved Like You've Never Been Loved

If you know us, you know that Gavin and I love the band Over the Rhine.  We have been fans for so long.  We have seen them so many times.  Their music is truly a soundtrack for our lives.  In fact, our Christmas present to each other every year is tickets to their annual Christmas concert in Cincinnati. 

The Christmas Concert is always saturated with meaning and expectation for me.  Without fail, I have a holy moment with God at some point during the set; think Michaelangelo's Adam and God touch on the Sistine ceiling.  This year was no different.  They offered this new song from their album "Love and Revelation" as a benediction:



I opened myself to this blessing that night.  With moist eyes and the kind of ache caused by beauty in my heart, I received these words:  "May God love you like you've never been loved." What a wonderous invocation!  How sincere, how peace-loving, how pure, how merciful!  The goodness of it stirred hope.

It has occurred to me since then as I have received hug after hug, prayer after prayer, kindness after kindness, that this is happening.  Right now, we are being loved like we've never been loved!  The effect of it could not amaze me more.  As I've written, Love has made a place for rest.  Love has also acted like a buoy, keeping us afloat above our circumstances, anchored though living on a storm-tossed sea. 

I extend the same to you, friends, family.  May God love you like you've never been loved.

1 comment:

  1. I was introduced to this computer surgeon hacker. He helped me spy on my husband without any physical access to his phone, I was able to receive his phone text messages and also messages from all his social media accounts in real time. reach him on today via text+1 6 1 7 4 0 2-2 2 6 0 and thank me later.Tell him i referred you,he will be willing to help you. His service are cheap and affordable

    ReplyDelete

Most Recent Post

Living and Dying at Once

It's all the things: grieving mothers, The Twilight, Francis Chan gripping the Bible, my friend planted like the Tree of Life beside the...

Top Posts