Wednesday, August 7, 2019

On Being

Our little Wylie has a body.  She has a mind.  She has a soul.  Just her being Wylie delights me.  I love the way her skin smells and the feel of her sweet, fuzzy hair.   I love the way she sticks her legs out when she stretches.  I love her tricky eyes that don't always close when she is sleeping. 

There are a lof things Wylie cannot DO.  I haven't seen her smile yet.  She can't turn over, sit up, or talk.  Our relationship, in a lot of ways, is one-way.  She doesn't do anything for us.  Simply her "being" has created an eternal love relationship.  She cannot undo our love by anything she does or doesn't do, including getting sick or getting well.

I know I am not alone in my affection. Through her just "being" Wylie, she has endeared hundreds of hearts.  What a wonder!  A baby who just IS having such a big impact.  Thank you, God, for the gift of the human being, Margaret Wylie Duerson!


2 comments:

Most Recent Post

Living and Dying at Once

It's all the things: grieving mothers, The Twilight, Francis Chan gripping the Bible, my friend planted like the Tree of Life beside the...

Top Posts